Sunday, May 11, 2014

Priorities



I am aware of what the word priorities means yet I really struggle with how to prioritize all the things I want to do in life. Right at this moment, as I type this, I am struggling with whether I should be doing a blog entry or finishing the shirt I am making for Nadine. It is hard for me to decide which activity I should do in each moment.

I decided to share this struggle with William (Nadine in guy mode) at dinner this evening, and he had a great analogy. He said I should look at it like a triage, as in which "patient" needs the most attention right now. It has been an interesting way to see the last couple of hours. I have many things I want to do all the time and often, I get stuck in the "what next?" phase and end up wasting time. So instead, I have, like I said, in the last 2 hours, been taking care of the next most needy "patient."

I see that I will still struggle in whether what I chose to do was the best choice, but at least, I can make a choice and do one thing I want. With each choice about what is next on the priority list, I suspect I will get more confident with my choices, thus making the next choice less "heavy."

Where are you with this? Do you have a hard time prioritizing, too? Do tell. :)

Hugs!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment