Monday, June 2, 2014

Leg Update and Other Thoughts




  As you can see, I am up and walking now. WOOHOO!! It has been 9 months since I shattered my tibia, and I am now able to walk without a cane or other assistance. Pretty darn happy about that!! I have worked hard to help my leg get to where I am now, which is basically walking fairly normal, but limping sometime when I am tired and have used my legs a lot.  I still cannot run, or jump, but I plan to be able to both eventually. It has been quite a journey so far going from a wheel chair, to 2 crutches, to one crutch, to a 4 prong bottom cane, to a regular cane, and finally, now walking by myself. It has required so much patience an persistence that I have not  really shown myself to being able to do with many things in the past. But this situation has made me follow through. I wan to walk normally, and in order to do that, I have to not give up. I must work everyday at it and push myself even when it hurts. Such a life lesson- pushing one'e self even when it hurts. Maybe not always physically hurts like my leg but emotionally or psychologically as well. I have so much to learn in life, and I am sure I broke my leg to learn many lessons especially not giving up!!

I hope this post finds you well and in good spirits!!

Bug Hugs!!

2 comments:

  1. Such great news. I'm not a great believer in bad things happening for a purpose, but when something so nasty happens it certainly brings lessons. Accepting the lessons with good grace demonstrates your fine character Jules.

    I'm sure bug hugs are even better than the usual kind. All those extra arms!

    Hugs, Halle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It seems that life has possible lessons every day even without big events. We just have to look.
      Although "bug hugs" was a typo, I kind of like it! Like you said, so many arms for hugging!
      Hope you are doing well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete