Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Workbook



If you have visited my blog before, you might have read that I am dealing with depression and have been for most of my life. Most of that time, I didn't really know that I was depressed. But now I do, and have been working and wishing to learn to manage my depression.

William found a really helpful workbook for me to use to help me with my depression. (The link to it is below.) I really like it! It make sense to me and is not overly complicated. It focuses on three main areas, reactivating one's life, changing unrealistic and unfair thoughts to realistic and fair thoughts, and problem solving. I have had a hard time with other books that are about dealing with depression because the things they said to do didn't make sense to me. This one gives solid actions to take, and actions that I see I really need to do, skills I need in my life.

I have only been doing it for a week and that is only a start. But I thought you might be interested in the workbook. I think it is worth a read for any one. It is very short, only 72 pages long.


http://www.comh.ca/publications/resources/asw/SCDPAntidepressantSkills.pdf

Alrighty everyone, I hope y'all are doing well and are taking care of  yourselves.

Thanks for stopping by!!  HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment