Thursday, August 1, 2013

Home & Growing



I got home on Tuesday and have spend the last several days reconnecting with William. We had not spent more than a few hours together for almost 8 full days so I really missed him and wanted to just be together.

It has been so nice yet in coming back together after our little hiatus, there have been a few clear tells that of course I do not have a growth mindset at this point. This makes sense because I have just started making an effort to change my mindset from fixed to growth.

Interestingly, it is my fixed mindset frustrating me because I want to be able to do it now. But that is a classic fixed mindset way of thinking, and I must challenge myself to see when I am acting or thinking in the fixed mindset so I can do or think in a growth mindset instead. The fixed mindset had been my way for a long time so I am going to still be in it sometimes, but I have been and am going to continue looking where the fixed mindset is popping out to learn from those times and grow into growth mindset.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had this time by yourself. Sometimes it takes the freedom of having the time to think and be with yourself that helps you understand that you are a good and wonderful person.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete