Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Birthday Painting




I painted this recently and gave it to my husband for his birthday last weekend. It turned out fairly well.  Above are three of the stages of this painting, but it definitely had more stages than that. Overall, there were about seven stages to this painting: 

1- painting white and yellow center
2- painting orange/red side
3- painting green/blue side
4- drawing out branches and birds
5- painting black branches
6- painting birds
7- painting birds again

All of the paintings that I do are done in stages. Sometimes I have an idea of what those stages will be like this painting but not always. The paintings usually evolve as I paint them because I do not always have a clear idea of what the painting is going to be.

I enjoyed doing this painting because it is unlike anything I have done before. I used brushes for this painting unlike the painting in the first painting post I did last week. I used natural sea sponges for that one. It has only been a year that I have been using brushes in painting, and it has been a difficult and wonderful experience. It felt soooo awkward at first yet over time, I have seen how many more things I can do having more tools in my painting tool kit.

Have you ever painted or wanted to?

I suggest you give it a try. Even if you are not very good, it is an enjoyable, relaxing process, and with practice, you can get better!!

Hugs!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the painting! I love it! It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I thought it turned out pretty good. 😍 I love you!😘😘💝🎉

      Delete