Monday, October 5, 2015

I Sewed a Couple Pouches yet Got More

Image result for practice
 Here are a couple of zippered pouches I made in order to practice putting in a zipper. I have made several more since then and have gotten better over time. The blue one on the left was the first one I made, and if you look closely at the top of the zipper, it sticks out and is not suppose to. So I made the next one which is the pink one on the bottom and did a little better job.

I made the first one because it was a project in the book I mentioned in the last post. But I found out that I like these little bags very much and have found many uses for them which led me to make more. The two mentioned above, I made for my husband for his pencils; he loves having sharp pencils with him and these are their carrying bags. I have one in my purse with aspirin and the like in it (the one in the middle). I have one in my make up bag that holds my mascara and eye pencils and such. I think I have a made a few more but can't recall what for.

Many of the projects I have been sewing from the book I am using to learn to sew have become more than a simple project; they showed themselves to be steps I needed to take to learn new skills that will hopefully transfer to new projects in the future.

What do you do to learn new skills??




No comments:

Post a Comment