Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rethinking


I have been reading more about mindset lately. The book I am reading is Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck, Ph.D. You should all totally read this book!! Really, it is an amazing look at how people look at the world. 

The last 5 years William and I have discussed so much about my childhood and family life yet nothing has really changed in my behavior and thinking. Yet the information this book is talking about the fixed and growth mindsets is so reveling about my behavior. As I read this book, I see myself over and over in the examples of a fixed mindset. 

So here is where I am going to put my focus: changing my mindset from fixed to growth. I am going to finish reading this book, and as I am reading, I plan to answer the questions she offers up at the end of each chapter as an exploration of myself. 

As always, I will keep you updated.

BTW, I am still out and about in the world by myself. Today was more of a mellow day. I went out eat for lunch and had a lovely talk with my waitress Vanessa about life and reading. I hurt the back of my thigh while running this morning so I didn't so much. I read a lot of the book I was talking about. I dyed my hair. I also had a wonderful conversation with William. Near my hotel is a dive burger joint I got dinner from, which was great. I am going to go home on Tuesday but before that, I am going to Berkeley, a place William and I used to go to a lot in high school. I'll let you know how it goes. :) 

Hugs!!

2 comments:

  1. I really think this is powerful, life changing information. Our personal mindsets control us more than we think. Dweck's thoughts on how we can control our mindsets and thus change our lives is fascinating.

    I hope your day goes well. :) You must get a giant slice of pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!!! I am excited to keep reading and begin applying the information I am learning in Dweck's book. Having a growth mindset seems to me like a key to "freedom". :)

      Thanks!!! I am so going to get a fat slice of pizza!
      Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow!

      Delete