Monday, May 6, 2013

Loving Me & Reality



Reality- it kind of sneaks up and bites me on the ass sometimes. Ever feel that way? I do, and over and over, I am surprised. Really,  Jules? Surprised again? I often get into a state of disassociation and just block out the reality of life and the twists and turns that are inevitably coming my way.  

Life never hands me the package I expect in the mail. Yet the packages keep coming. So I have to make the choice with each package. How am I going to receive this?  We are all given a choice on how we decide to react in any given situation. When my cat died last week, I could have allowed myself to wallow in the sorrow of losing him. I loved that cat, and my heart was broken. But I had a choice. Do I mourn and saturate myself in sadness or do I celebrate an amazing creature and the joy I felt for having been able to share his short, vivid life? I chose the latter. Before, I decided to only be sad. But this time I decided not to.  Leo was a wonderful, joyful being and his life was beautiful to watch and be a part of.  Looking at his death like this has helped me to want to live life.  It is uplifting and has inspired to me to do more.

I realize that I am not comfortable putting myself out there in any way, yet it is what is best for me.  If I truly want to learn to love myself, I have to do what  I know is right for me, best for me, regardless of the package life delivers me.  It is and will be hard sometimes because life has a tendency to deliver many packages at once.  But I want to love myself and that requires that I am responsible for myself all the time- all the time, not just when it is convenient. 

4 comments:

  1. I really hope you do learn to love yourself Jules. You are a beautiful person who deserves to be loved by everyone especially by yourself. Sometimes to things that are the best for us are the most uncomfortable, I am learning that from my own journey of self discovery. Just know that Vivian and I are right here with you every step of the way.
    hugs and kisses
    Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate the love and support. Being real with myself and being loving to myself is not my norm but it will be :) Hugs!!!!

      Delete
  2. It is always your choice to view the glass as being half empty or half full.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple right? Yet so many of us struggle to make the right choice.
    Thanks for the comment!! I appreciate that you took the time to write. :)

    ReplyDelete